Subject: [Leica] IMG: New M8
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sun Feb 18 20:43:09 2007

I notice that this lovely photo does not have color tags in it.

Even though I'm the one who installed and configured the gallery software,
and studied it for weeks before announcing it, I didn't realize until fairly
recently that before you upload a color picture you have to set its color
space to sRGB. I'm guessing that you uploaded a JPEG that was in Adobe RGB,
which for some reason that I've never understood is removed instead of
converted when the picture is uploaded.

Set it to sRGB and upload it again so we can see those gorgeous colors the
way that you see them.

Replies: Reply from bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn) ([Leica] IMG: New M8)