Subject: [Leica] I Tried an M8; Color Question
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Sat Feb 17 19:23:25 2007

Tina, I would be surprised if the shutter speeds made that much of a
difference.  I just checked the exif data and at ISO 160 the shutter
speed was 1/30 sec; at ISO 640 it was 1/180; at ISO 1250 it was 1/250;
and at ISO 2500 it was 1/750.  That may be enough of a spread to cause
that wide of a color shift but as I say it would surprise me if that is
the cause.

Alistair, et al: I was not shooting quickly because I had to fumble
around and remember how to change the ISO between each shot.  Further,
if the auto white balance is that far off between shots in the same
lighting I wonder why.

And for Mark Rabiner, who waxes eloquent on the need to shove, not
tweak, the color controls in a Buddy Holly-esque refrain ("every
day in every way") I sing "yes, but shouldn't a Five Thousand Dollar
Camera get it right most of the time?".

Still curious,

--Bob

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] I Tried an M8; Color Question)