Subject: [Leica] Re: Rollei 44
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sat Feb 17 17:47:18 2007

At 07:49 PM 2/17/2007, Lawrence Zeitlin wrote:

 >I had one of the earlier models of this little jewel when I was a
 >sophmore in college in 1949. Mine was in gray and I recall that it
 >had a lever wind. I sold it to pay for the repairs to my '47
 >Plymouth. a car that was hardly a paragon of reliability. Too bad. I
 >liked that little camera.

Larry

Unless it was releathered, it would have been in
black.  I claim no great expertise in Baby
Rolleis, but the Prewar models were to my fairly
certain knowledge all finished in black, and the
Postwar Baby Grey did not appear until 1957.  Did
yours have a 3.5 or 2.8 lens?  That 2.8/6cm CZJ
Tessar could do some great work but the 2.5/6cm
Tessar was a better lens by f/4, I believe.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] IMG Rollei 4X4: beware no Leica content)