Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ira's PAW - Week 6
From: ISILVERMN at aol.com (ISILVERMN@aol.com)
Date: Sat Feb 17 09:05:14 2007

On Sat, 17 Feb 200706:02:58 +100, Alastair Firkin wrote, "The cloud seems
rise with menace over the trees:..."

Alastair,

Thank you for looking and commenting.

As I was positioning myself to capture this image, I was thinking of a
former neighbor of mine, who I'll call John (not his real name).  John  was
senior captain with American Airlines flying 747's between Los Angeles and
Honolulu, with all the discipline and sense of responsibility that came with
 that
position.  However, he had a few interesting quirks.

First, he believed, with absolute conviction, that Star Trek (the original
TV series) was true history, as conveyed to Gene Roddenberry when he was
visited  by Vulcans.  Second, he insisted with equal conviction, that we
were
constantly being monitored by shape-shifting UFOs, which we saw as the
uniform and
fast moving clouds that appear over the Mojave Desert.  I was  generally
able
to accept this with good humor, except when he insisted on  playing tape
cassettes with the sounds of warp-drive on long car trips.

So, if I managed to capture some of the tension in a cloud that some may
see
as a UFO, then I've succeeded.

Best Regards,

Ira Silverman