Subject: [Leica] IMG - CV Heliar 15mm Test Drive
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Fri Feb 16 15:15:39 2007

On 2/16/07 3:08 PM, "Ric Carter" <ricc@mindspring.com> wrote:

> number 9 is number 1 to me. A haunted look.

Thanks.  This area is in a doomed place.

It is due to be bulldozed and turned into a park this year sometime - soccer
fields, baseball diamonds, play structures etc.

I'm slowly trying to get what I need from there before it becomes history.

It was the place where the a small community of Swedish mill workers built
their school, and was attended by many of my neighbors until the braniacs at
King County decided to burn it down so it wouldn't burn down.  Now they bus
us to the crap schools in Issaquah 10 minutes (40 minutes by school bus)
away.

I'm not sure how long the house pictured has been there.  Its falling down,
rat infested and will be burnt down as well instead of demolished.  They
wont' tell us when, but I'll try to be there.

Part of me laments the loss of a undisturbed field.  But the other half
knows that un-nature abhors a field, and if we don't turn it into something
for the community, it will be come part of the mega-structure crap that some
local developer has littered north of this area.  They have made threatening
gestures its way for years.  So ugly big concrete boxes or a park.  Easy
pick, even if you lament it.

Ironically, my kid is may play for the soccer outfit that are funding the
park.

w a d e  h e n i n g e r
u s e r  e x p e r i e n c e
a d o b e  s y s t e m s ,  i n c