Subject: [Leica] Erik Satie
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Fri Feb 16 13:56:38 2007

Doug Sharp wrote:
I've got him on vinyl - with a bloody great scratch on one side -
damn!!. I agree , he is rather good.

Mark Rabiner wrote:
> On 2/16/07 8:02 AM, "Ric Carter" <ricc@mindspring.com> typed:
>

> I have the Satie: Gymnop?dies No1-3; Gnossiennes No1-6 with Aldo Ciccolini
> and have about worn them out. Two tapes.

I have that one too but it's buried somewhere in my boxes of vinyl.  I
really need to see about getting my Thorens TD124 repaired (motor).  Another
thing I have on vinyl is a sort of "Switched-On Satie" that was done back
when Moog was hot.  I can't remember who did it.  Some of it worked pretty
well but ultimately you ended up listening to the original versions instead.

Wiki has a lengthy entry for Satie that has a lot of details I didn't know
before.  What an interesting guy -- well, I knew that, but still.  I do also
enjoy a lot of the other French composers from that era, but Satie has a
unique appeal.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE