Subject: [Leica] Any LUG in Vancouver seen the Herzog show at the Art Gallery?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Feb 16 08:55:14 2007

At 5:45 AM -0500 2/16/07, Vick Ko wrote:
>Any LUG in Vancouver seen the Herzog show at the Art Gallery?
>
>I just received the book, and I wish I were there.  I was in diapers when he
>started his Vancouver photography and it brings up plenty of homesickness.
>
>Anyone know what camera he used?
>
>regards
>Vick

I've seen it a couple of times, and over the past 30 years have seen
many of the originals in various slide shows he presented.

I've known Fred ever since I came to Vancouver, and have been
interested in the photos he took in the city in the 50's and 60's for
as long.

He was head of the Biomedical Communications department at UBC for
about 20 years. They had 4 Reprovit outfits and a couple of
Aristophots along with about 20 Leicas. Later they also got Nikon
Multiphots and such. Focomat II's and a couple of I's were also
there. Made me drool when I visited him. :-) Last summer I got one of
those complete Aristophot outfits with his help, including a couple
of high mileage MDa's.

He used a variety of cameras, but the majority of his 50's and 60's
photos were taken with Leicas. In the late 60's he started using
Nikons, and I remember when the 28/4PC came out and I was anxiously
waiting for that he had ordered the 104/4 Micro and was waiting just
as anxiously for that. In the 80's and early 90's he had a major
project going photographing butterflies throughout the Americas.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design