Subject: [Leica] Re: Best deal
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri Feb 16 07:05:11 2007

The best deal - hard to say. At one time I would buy almost any
photographic trivia as long as the price was under $50. The lowest
price quality cameras were from a local photographic shop whose new
owner didn't want to mess with equipment, just wanted to run a photo
processing business. He sold me a nearly mint Robot Vollautomat with
a f2.8 Tessar for $30 and a new Rollei 35SE for $50. But the best
deal I ever got was a brand new Leica IIIf with a Summicron 50 mm
f2.0 at a London Leica dealer's shop. It cost me $154, delivered as
duty free goods to my departing airplane. The year was 1954 and the
M3 had just been introduced. Apparently Leica wanted all their
dealers to get rid of the LTM cameras and concentrate on the Ms. I
still have the camera and the original receipt.

Larry Z