Subject: [Leica] Best camera deal you (personally) have ever gotten.......
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Thu Feb 15 19:22:45 2007

Free cameras that work are always the best deals, but as far as purchases
go, there are two that were really probably considered straight theft.

Out in New Mexico, I bought a Rollei 35 SE from a junk collector friend (not
camera junk, but regular junk) for a whopping $15.  Used it for 3 years &
turned around and sold it to help fund the purchase of what I thought was my
end-all, beat-all camera system, the Contax RTSIII.  That never amounted to
being what I thought it was going to be.  Sold it all off for Nikon.

Another instance was finding an excellent condition Nikon F3 on a shelf in a
record store up in Anacortes, WA.  Bought it for $25 because the seller
insisted it was broken.  (Battery was dead and the MLU was activated but he
didn't know how to fix it.)

Philip