Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ventura
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Sat Feb 10 16:43:13 2007

On Feb 10, 2007, at 5:20 PM, Tina Manley wrote:

>> > PESO:
>> >
>> > Here is an example of using wide angle to include the environment:
>> > http://jjd.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/74204393
>> >
>> > Or using a closer lens for a portrait:
>> > http://jjd.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/74204479

Tina, I am really curious about the missed focus in the second (closer)
shot.

It seems to me that the top back of his head covering and the front edge
of his coat - to his left, our right - are sharp, and I suspect they
occupy the same plane.

I wonder if this is some of the reputed Canon back focus problem at work.

Sometimes I can look at my Canon shots in Bridge or Photoshop (or maybe
iView or Photo Mechanic?) and somehow see a little square showing what
area the autofocus was locked on....but I sure can't right now tell you
how to do that.  If you know, and if you can, it would be interesting to
know where the camera thought it was focused.

--Bob

p.s. In any event, I personally much prefer the wider shot. It shows me
your subject and also tells me something about his environment.

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Ventura)