Subject: [Leica] IMG: New Hoppy pic Warning, may contain traces of children
From: charlie at droolassicpark.com (Charlie Meyer)
Date: Fri Feb 9 07:03:48 2007

The perils of growing up in the 'snow belt' (Upstate NY/Idaho)...when
there was 'real' snowfall, and we dealt with it while still driving
RWD cars.  No SUVs/'Chelsea Tractors' for the masses then.  The Metro
Washington DC area comically goes into panic at the mere hint of snow
(Our rich Dutch uncles at Ahold curiously enjoy a demand spike here
for milk, toilet paper, and 'family planning' items.).  When I
arrived in Athens GA way back in '83, a light snowfall turned the
city into a ghost town.

My only resentment was the fact that my Father greeted my Navy
enlistment by purchasing his first snowblower.  Child labor laws do
not apply to your own offspring shoveling snow.

All that aside, a trip to OZ instead of trying to adjust light
readings for snow cover is tempting.  Alas, OZ/NZ are easily two of
the most notoriously difficult countries in the world to try and
bring my Basset Hounds into.

How does everyone compensate exposure for snow cover?

Charlie

Message from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: New Hoppy pic Warning, may contain traces of children)