Subject: [Leica] Everything is frozen
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Wed Feb 7 20:19:51 2007

Including the Schuylkill river.  I awoke this morning to find several inches
of snow on the ground and went outside to take in that magical silence of
the early morning after snow has caused most movement in the city to cease.
For a few moments, it's like the quiet of my home in New Mexico on winter
mornings.
My short commute to work was a bit slower than normal but gave me time to
take some more panoramics.

http://tinyurl.com/2octt8
46th St. EL train platform, looking east to downtown Philly.

http://tinyurl.com/3xtzrr
The usual view of the city from the west bank of the Schuylkill.  Some poor
kid's shoes were lying out on the ice below the bridge.

http://tinyurl.com/328n9r
Railroad tracks which run along the river.

I do intend to get out more & take some varied photos, but capturing the
various states of my morning commute is becoming a kind of personal photo
diary.  I'm enjoying it, the normalcy of my walk/ride keeps me looking and
seeing things every day that I haven't seen before.

Philip

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Everything is frozen)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Everything is frozen)