Subject: [Leica] New to Group
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Mon Feb 5 20:05:32 2007

At 09:35 PM 2/5/2007, Fred Holzapfel wrote:

 >I'm a 57 year old, life long Minnesota resident.  My Leica background
 >consists of a IIIC/50 mm Summar 2/50mm lens that my father took over seas
 >during WWII and gave to me in High School.

A quibble, Fred.  The IIIc was not marketed in
the US prior to WWII:  it was introduced in 1940
and was sold throughout the Third Reich, Spain,
Italy, Switzerland, and Sweden, but not in the US
or UK.  So your father either acquired this
overseas during the War or it was a IIIa or the like.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!