Subject: [Leica] Lightroom & Bridge
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Mon Feb 5 14:10:48 2007

> when I started reading this string of mails I thought that I knew what
> Lightroom did - or perhaps was supposed to do. Now I think that I have less
> and
> less understanding. At the risk of sounding stupid, can you advise what it
> is
> supposed to do?

Lightroom is a production tool.

It lets you import, manage, develop and output your photographic work
(scans, digital).  It focuses on Raw editing, but is just as happy to work
with jpegs, tiffs or whatever with a few caveats based on the nature of
those file formats.

It can take the place of a myriad of other tools (for importing, for
sorting, for developing, for printing) and does it in one environment that
is more consistent and thought out.

I really do hate pimping LR here, honestly.  I've been on the LUG for years
and nary said a word about the tools I work on, because they are just a tool
to get better images.  This  one has just really been a dramatic improvement
so when it came up, I jumped in.

You can read the literature on it, in a few weeks you can download a demo
and play with it.

I'm just starting to work on it, and for me it been a wonderful addition to
what has been a fragmented and somewhat frustrating workflow.  Ive talked to
a lot of people and know I'm not alone.  It isn't the end all (it is a 1.0
after all) but it solves a lot the things that drove me
nuts with digital.

With the M8, Lightroom and the Epson r2400, I'm beginning to see the end of
my dependence on film. In the end, its about the images and if I get the
results I want, then I'm happy.

w a d e  h e n i n g e r
u s e r  e x p e r i e n c e
a d o b e  s y s t e m s ,  i n c

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Lightroom & Bridge)