Subject: [Leica] What Desktop Computer to Buy These Days?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Feb 2 05:39:42 2007

Almost true..... they buy overstocks and computer manufacturer excess
inventory.  Basically, if Dell orders 1,000 drives a day, but
only uses 850 drives one day that week, the excess inventory gets sold off
to places like Fryes.  Ditto drive makers that might
build 10,000 drives, but only sell 8,000, the excess gets sold off cheap, to
Fryes.

It is a huge business that both the computer manufacturers and drive
manufacturers both have separate business offices for.

BTW, it happens on ALL parts for computers.... including processors, boards,
resistors, etc... everything......!

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I do visit my in-laws in SoCal, I do venture

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] What Desktop Computer to Buy These Days?)
Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] What Desktop Computer to Buy These Days?)