Subject: [Leica] Re: CLA cost
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu Feb 1 15:59:07 2007

On Feb 1, 2007, at 10:19 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

>>> Wow.
>>>
>>> To me, it is high. But I have not ever had work done by Solms.
>>>
>>> For a lens CLA, I would not like to see the price over say $200 USD.
>>>
>>> Vick

> )

WOW! is right. A couple of years ago Sherry Krauter did complete CLAs
of two M3s, including shutter blind replacement, replacement of worn
parts, Vulcanite touch up, replacement of an obsolete film speed dial
and a defogging and overhaul of a 35 mm  Summaron. for about $550 US.
If you live in the US, get your Leica work done domestically instead
of sending it to Solms. The work was of the highest order.

Larry Z