Subject: [Leica] Initial M8 impressions
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu Feb 1 05:30:58 2007

I don't think there is anything new with shortcomings showing up with
first users which weren't found at the prototype stage. One example
is the rewind knob on the M3 in the 1950s despite making quite a few
prototypes and, presumably, testing them there were at least two
strengthenings of the rewind spindle necessary due to breakages in
normal(?) use, probably people in a bigger hurry than the testers.
nothing new for early adopters, I suspect, though more widely
publicised in the se internet days.
Frank

Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Initial M8 impressions)