Subject: [Leica] Elements 5.0 Versus Lightroom 1.0
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Tue Jan 30 15:06:55 2007

On 1/30/07 2:54 PM, "G Hopkinson" <hoppyman@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Wade, I bow to your expertise and experience with Lightroom. I have
> neither.

I don't even own the robes of *that* priesthood.  Just a schmo with a camera
and the audacity to plague others with its output.  But that is most of us.

I guess the point is that these new tools (LR, Apterture) are really focused
on providing a better place to "grow up" with digital.

Starting today?  Learn LR or Aperture and then expand into PS when needed.

> Guts call regarding not needing to do major work some times ;-) Of course
> everyone in this group always shoots with perfect or
> nearly so, exposure and composition.

LOL.  Yep.  Every once in a while a good picture is made great with these
tools - sometimes you just don't see X or compensate for Y and its nice to
turn to them when it merits the attention.

w a d e  h e n i n g e r
u s e r  e x p e r i e n c e
a d o b e  s y s t e m s ,  i n c

Replies: Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Elements 5.0 Versus Lightroom 1.0)