Subject: [Leica] Question for Lightroom users
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Mon Jan 29 09:30:52 2007

On 1/29/07 4:13 AM, "Jim Hemenway" <Jim@hemenway.com> wrote:

> Is the following true?
>
> "Version 1.0 lacks image layers, dodging and burning, filter
> effects, and other standard Photoshop features."

Yes, it is true, LR won't have all of the "standard" photoshop features -
what is the point of that?  We already have Photoshop. Like Eric, I find LR
to be a focused tool for photographers and it does a lot of what I need
without overly complicating things.

And there are some great exposure tweaking features in the 1.0 version that
will largely negate the need for old-school doge/burn.

LR is a 1.0 app, and we will be growing it to meet the needs of
photographers when it makes sense.  However, that growth is going to be
carefully managed to make sure it does not become a dumping ground for pet
features...we know what happens when this occurs.

You can still get a beta from the Adobe labs website and use it, so give it
a shot.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/

w a d e  h e n i n g e r
u s e r  e x p e r i e n c e