Subject: [Leica] IMG: Rossella Scanned (correct URL)
From: hellman at comcast.net (Jesse Hellman)
Date: Fri Jan 5 06:45:42 2007

I have an Epson flat-bed scanner (I think the number is 4490) that
will scan two six-neg strips of 35mm at a time and also 2 1/4 nega.
The problem is that the holders do not allow full-frame scans, even a
small amount of unnecessary cropping is a disadvantage with some
images. I have not seen this issue discussed much, and am not sure
how one would know in advance of purchase. The problem is as much in
the software as in the negative holders, as it cuts automatically
crops - it is not just a result of the negative holders.

Jesse

Greg de Roulhac wrote:

Jesse,

This is a very nice image. I am also interested in scanning negatives
and am researching scanners.  What scanner are you using for your work?

Greg de Roulhac
Santa Barbara, CA.