Subject: [Leica] That 30% solution
From: s.yoder at verizon.net (Stan Yoder)
Date: Tue Dec 5 09:01:10 2006

meaning 30% off a new lens if you buy (or pay for) an M8 by the end of the
year: I talked with Sam
Shoshan, dba Classic Connection. He read me the relevant dispatch from
Leica. Yes, it's true, but
it's unclear to both him and me a) whether the discount is on the list or
street price of the lens;
2) to whom you pay the (discounted) price - Solms or Leica USA; c) who
actually supplies the lens -
Solms, USA, or a dealer. In any case, it appears dealers are bypassed, at
least financially.

It's tempting: about $1k off the street price of the new Tri-Elmar (c.$300
less if calculated on the
list price.) The discount is $1200 max.

Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh