Subject: [Leica] Interpolation
From: afterswift at aol.com (afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Wed Nov 1 23:39:24 2006

  I think you should use the DOF markings for at least 1-2 stops wider, so
if

you want to shoot at F8, use the DOF markings for F4 or F5.6.

  Wai Leong

-------------------

I don't mind thinking about composition, but taking time to interpolate to
reconcile

formats becomes a distraction. It's not much of a problem with a DSLR
because you can

gauge DOF optically on a D70 with a standard 35mm lens. I suppose Leica
could etch two

scales on the new lenses. One for FF and the other for 4/3 or whatever the
M8 uses.

Bob R

tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web,
free AOL Mail and more.