Subject: [Leica] Dental digital x-rays
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed Oct 18 20:30:43 2006

I'm a dentist but I left clinical practice long before the digital era so I
son't have any personal experience to share.  At my last visit my dentist
used film but digitized the image to enlarge it.  My only contribution would
be that there's a limit to how small the digital sensor can be since a
dental x-ray is essentialy a photogram (or radiogram) and the sensor has to
be large enough to cover the entire anatomical area being imaged.  So it
probably has to be about the same size as traditional film.  If anyone knows
differently, let me know.

B.D., one of my old dental colleagues (Chester Douglass) is at Harvard in
the School of Public Health.  If your paths ever cross please give him my
regards.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE