Subject: [Leica] Montreal
From: joeblaze at joeblaze.com (Joe Blaze)
Date: Thu Oct 12 20:34:14 2006

Luis Ripoll wrote:
Message: 10
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 01:06:54 +0200
From: "Luis Ripoll" <luisripoll@telefonica.net>
Subject: RE: [Leica] Montreal
To: "'Leica Users Group'" <lug@leica-users.org>

Joe, Do you know if the name of this Hotel was previously Ritz-Carlton?

Thanks,
Saludos cordiales,
Luis

Hi Luis,
I don't think so, since it was only recently opened. The hotel was
originally (in 1999/2000) one older building, I think a bank. It was
subsequently expanded to be a group of three small, but multi-story
office/industrial buildings which are now the hotel complex. Lots of brick,
high ceilings and well furnished. Some 'rooms' are actually three or four
'normal' size rooms with workspace for extended stay and a provision for a
daytime visitor.

This reference provides a fairly accurate description:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20051101.wsleep1102/BNStory/specialTravel/

Joe

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Montreal)