Subject: [Leica] kippered trout
From: stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Wed Oct 11 15:11:57 2006

Hi all- Just wanted to say that I kipper my own. I buy a package of
farm raised trout (usually 4 fishfor about $8.34), and smoke them by
the side of my house. They are in a brine solution overnite in the
refrigerator, and inthe am into the $50 smoker. It is a rectangular tin
with a hotplate on the bottom which you put a small pan of wood chips
into. Pick your flavor of wood chips (apple, orange, mesquite, etc).
About 8-10 hours later- they are ready. Delicious with a slice of dark
bread (European preferably) and a tall draft beer! Cheers, Stasys

Replies: Reply from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] kippered trout)