Subject: [Leica] Cormorants
From: mads.christensen at gmx.net (Mads Christensen)
Date: Sat Sep 30 02:48:08 2006

These birds - in my backyard which is Oeresound between Denmark and Sweden -
are absolutely not tame.

Thus I am using an ancient but nice Orestegor 4/300mm lens from Meyer-Optik
in Goerlitz on a monopod. It turns into a respectable 600mm on the OE-300.
After shooting, a bit of cropping, sharpening and fill light to compensate
for the large contrasts at this early morning beach scene - and here is what
I get out of it.

The two birds dress quite differently:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/madstorben/Equinox+fall+06_001/P9104401.jpg
.html

Here is one just surfacing - and getting ready to fight for a dry spot on
one of the growlers:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/madstorben/Equinox+fall+06_001/P9104420.jpg
.html

A majestic pose with two eider ducks in the background:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/madstorben/Equinox+fall+06_001/P9104422.jpg
.html

Your way - and my way of looking:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/madstorben/Equinox+fall+06_001/P9104423.jpg