Subject: [Leica] Who needs a M8 when you have a Nikon D200?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Sep 26 07:27:21 2006

On 9/26/06 7:23 AM, "Richard" <richard-lists@imagecraft.com> typed:

> So I got tired of all these talks about the barely functional M8 and picked
> up a real camera, a Nikon D200 with the legendary 50/1.4 AIS lens. With a
> 1.5 crop factor, it makes a nice portrait lens:
> http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/_EPS1973.jpg You can see the
> classic signature of the lens quite clearly.
>

> // richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly, please
> use richard at imagecraft.com)

Minus results at the edges of the frame which are cropped as you're shooting
digital.
My 1.4 I have or had on my light table my newish AF 1.8 I use on my D200 as
a perfect people lens as you illustrate focal length wise which is 75mm.

Other times I'll use my 45 which gives me 67.5mm. Very Salgatolike.
Or my 60 macro which gives me a 90mm people portrait lens close to what I'm
very used to.
A little hard to focus.
Mark Rabiner

Nikon this month updated its 2.5 macro with anti vibration and other stuff.
Its the
105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor
Silent wave (I always picture the trailer of Blue Velvet)
Nano-Crystal Coat
That one snuck up on me.
There's a whole nano thing I was just reading about in the Consumer reports
this month.
Nano Nano
One of the most unattractive lenses Nikon has ever made.
http://www.nikonusa.com/fileuploads/pdfs/105mm_Nikkor_060425.pdf

40?40'16.74"N ? 73?57'34.34"W
Eastern Pky, Prospect Park
Brooklyn NY 11238

http://rabinergroup.com/

Stay tuned next week for markrabiner.com