Subject: [Leica] M8: To buy or not to buy. . .
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Sep 17 17:08:07 2006

Richard Clompus offered:

> Ted, as well said as I've ever heard.  Somehow you find the money,  buy it
> and never look back.  Somehow my wife always gets over it.   After I
> explained to her yesterday that Leica finally came out with a  decent
> digital camera and I'm getting ready to justify it as best I  can, she
> goes off and says, "well, did you order it yet?"  Gotta love  her.  After
> 30 years of marriage, she knows me all to well.

Hi  Richard,
Good on you given you've got 30 loving years invested and your good wife
says: >"well, did you order it yet?"  Gotta love her.  After 30 years of
marriage, she knows me all to well.<<<<

OK after  57 years, "yeah I still love her!" There's a slight change takes
place and it sounds like this...  ;-) "You better not order it!" ;-) Trust
me there isn't any smiley face after hearing it! :-) The "command will be
quite distinct and unmistakeable in the negative!" :-)

You'll say: "No dear, although I was considering it because I'll be able to
use all those great image cutting Leica lenses you let me buy over the years
and yer so loving and all, just imagine how much better those great lenses
you thought made such great pictures of you and the children that you always
had to wait so long for prints from Wal-mart so you could see them and with
this new Leica digital I'll be able to still take those beautiful photos of
you actually even better and you'll have colour prints or B&W if you wish
within a few minutes of taking them. So maybe because you'll really like
these fantastic images off the Leica M8 don't you agree I should get it
right away while they're available before they're all sold out? ;-)

You'll smile and she'll leave you waiting for seemingly hours of tantalizing
anticipation. Don't hold your breath you maybe very blue before you get an
answer! ;-)

Now Richard do please let us know what she says ? ;-)

I don't mean 27 years from now, like after you let her read this as I know
she's such a loving devoted wife she'll immediately insist you get an M8
immediately and start taking great photo's of her and the children! ;-)
Smile Richard I'm just trying to be helpful after 57 years of experience
with the same woman whom I'm surprised hasn't killed me yet. ;-)

ted

"

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] M8: To buy or not to buy. . .)
Message from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] M8: To buy or not to buy. . .)