Subject: [Leica] Couple of points-
From: vroger at gmail.com (Victor Rubin)
Date: Sat Sep 16 07:20:03 2006

Hi All:
Since I regrettably get to reading the LUG site only about once a week when
I can sit back and relax I can only respond sporadically to things of
interest. So once week (or less) I can see some of the great stuff you guys
turn out such as Nathan's trip to Bath- and can respond to Ted's comments as
well as comment myself on interesting items. With respect to Ted's comment
about my "flat" potrait of the young lady in Amsterdam. I certain did "blow
it" from his perspective. I agree completely- I find, however, shooting with
an extremely long lens under totally uncontrolled lighting situations put me
in the unenviable position of having to take what I can get when I can get
it. Ted is, without question, absolutely right- and that's what separates a
"duffer" like me from someone who even under adverse circumstances can turn
out something with much more meaning. As to the comments on the "blahs" that
affect all of us from time to time- I find that personally, though it might
be anathema to some, I fight the malaise by using Photoshop. I try to adjust
images until I like them- or they represent something new to me.
http://vroger.smugmug.com/gallery/1837739/10/92363376

 Imaging the ordinary these days can turn things into extraordinary prints
by playing with the Photoshop program. Unlike some, I print a great many
images. My joy these days is in getting a 20x30 throgh a service such as
Shutterfly- framing it and viewing it- without the reading glasses. Bests:
vroger