Subject: [Leica] Lee Balterman's Chicago
From: gcr910 at hotmail.com (Greg Rubenstein)
Date: Fri Sep 15 11:31:34 2006

A mostly Leica-shot exhibit by Chicago photographer Lee Balterman is on
display through 28 October at the Stephen Daiter Gallery in Chicago.

"Lee Balterman's Chicago" was shot mostly in the 1950s and 1960s. Some of
you might recognize images that appeared in "Life Magazine" and other
publications. There also is a lot of his personal work, much of it shot in a
no-longer extant strip of dives that used to line Clark Street -- almost
film-noir-ish in feel. Lots of good stuff; all available light.

The Daiter Gallery is at 311 West Superior Street, Suite 404/408, Chicago.
It's open Wednesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. The URL is:

stephendaitergallery.com

Please alert me if any Chicago-area LUG folks would like to go. I went on
opening night When Lee was there (he's a former neighbor) and intend to see
it again.

Greg Rubenstein

Get real-time traffic reports with Windows Live Local Search
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=42.336065~-109.392273&style=r&lvl=4&scene=3712634&trfc=1