Subject: [Leica] New 28mm ASPH lens
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Sep 14 22:16:03 2006

> I find the 24 to be just a big heavy lens. Just a tad lighter than the
> hefty
> 21.
> But more humane.
>
> To get all that compactness and up to the minute Leica lens design
> technology. Not that we need all that cutting edge sharpness at the edges
> we
> are not getting when we're not shooting film.
>

> Mark Rabiner
>
> 40?46'58.65"N  73?49'31.68"W
> Whitestone NY 11357
>
> http://rabinergroup.com/

But today on my d200 I went out shooting for several hours and walked back
in the dark with nothing but a 24 2.8 on the camera. Which becomes with the
1.5 crop a 36mm lens in effect.
A fun and useful (I bracket my focal lengths) zooms are primes still do what
they do best. The one thing they do.
This lens does 24. In a solid compact and elegant manor.

Mark Rabiner

40?46'58.65"N  73?49'31.68"W
Whitestone NY 11357

http://rabinergroup.com/