Subject: [Leica] Leica Problems
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Sep 13 22:01:49 2006

> Scott McLoughlin offered:
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Problems

> Screw 'em. Be *very* polite. Take pen and paper and write
> down their badge number and then kindly and quietly leave.
> It really freaks them out.<<<<

M'mmmm  really Scott? And how many times have you for real done this? Like
I'm talking about a police officer whom you have annoyed by facial
expression or verbal? Or whatever?

The act of writing down the officer's badge number in itself while he's
watching you do it, is an act of aggression and antagonizing him! So why
bother because if one knows what they're doing, whether you agree with the
police or not is... be polite and it's "yes sir I'm outta here!"

I've seen too many news photographers claiming their right to show the
public  argue that right into the back seat of a cruiser! No pictures while
those of us who know how to deal politely with police and security people
walked away, found a better shoot position, pulled out a 300 or 400mm lens
and got all the pictures we needed while numb nuts brain dead impolite idiot
didn't get any from the back seat of the cop car!

ted

Replies: Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) (OT: LE, conflict, etc. was: Re: [Leica] Leica Problems)
Message from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Leica Problems)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Leica Problems)