Subject: [Leica] Re: Outdated M8
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Wed Sep 13 16:47:44 2006

At Leica prices, it might well be profitable for them to upgrade
an older camera to new model specs :-)

Just chatted with a friend today about a particular piece of gear.
It was built with Thai labor, but it will be serviced with U.S.
labor.

Hmmm, my lowest "grade" employees I used to bill out at around
$120 per hour - and up when I could get away with it.

No wonder it can cost nearly as much to service an item as it cost
to buy it in the first place. Folks time from affluent countries is simply
worth much, much (much!) more than what is paid per-hour for the
labor of workers in poor countries - where much of the junk we buy
is made.  So it goes.

No mystery in that.

Scott

--
Pics @ http://www.adrenaline.com/snaps
Leica M6TTL, Bessa R, Nikon FM3a, Nikon D70, Rollei AFM35

Message from crgrbrts at verizon.net (Craig Roberts) ([Leica] Re: Outdated M8)
Message from enitka1 at comcast.net (e. nitka) ([Leica] Re: Outdated M8)