Subject: [Leica] New pic from Hoppy
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Sep 13 16:39:18 2006

Thanks for looking, Philippe.

Although the skin tones have suffered a little compared to a print, it was
of course a conscious choice in Photoshop. The red
channel only was partly de-saturated. The actual skin texture as shown was a
fashion/glamour type alteration for effect. So a number
of Gaussian blur altered layers and mask involved then that effect removed
everywhere but the skin. I was aiming for serene and
romanticised. The lady herself is actually vital and fun and warm.

On balance I think the eyes are a little too prominent. They are not
actually sharpened, but surrounded by softened! The whites
though, I agree were probably a little too brightened for impact.

My twelve year old daughter just said the same thing. I'll take that on
board.

See my second post for lesser red de-saturation on the skin.

Thanks for taking the time to offer suggestions.

I might repost for comparison, but I think I flattened that 330MB TIFF, so
it might be start again time.

Cheers

Hoppy