Subject: [Leica] Re: Video of M8
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Sep 13 09:38:55 2006

Scott wrote:

>>I'll just add that while I use a DSLR alongside my M's, for a small
pocket
camera, I much prefer to simply shoot good old 135 format film. <<

Much forgotten nowadays, I think, is the ease of getting actual prints
by dropping film off at a 1-hour lab. I'm not advocating digital over
film, or visa versa. But I also don't think digital is necessarily
across the board cheaper/faster/easier than film.

For instance, sometimes it's nice to just drop off film and a short time
later have prints handed to me. It's worth the cost, particularly since
I'm more careful when to press the shutter with film.

Even though I have an efficient digital workflow (with way too much
invested in software and hardware) it still can seem a chore at times to
download and review files and generate prints. I already spend way too
much time in front of a computer. So processing the "old fashioned" way
has its appeal. I enjoy shooting film! It's easy. It's a nice escape.

daveR

Replies: Reply from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] was Video of M8 - now dip n dunk kink)
Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Re: Video of M8)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Re: Video of M8)