Subject: [Leica] Boat Portraits in B&W
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Sep 12 19:02:33 2006

B.D. suggested converting one of my earlier posts today to B&W.  I've
done that one and also the one most of you who commented preferred of
this set.

Gaff-rigged conventional sloop:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/SAILING/R0011096_bw_pro_web.jpg.html

Canoe-stern sloop with second boat in background:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/SAILING/R0011105_bw_pro_web.jpg.html

Ricoh GRD, converted to B&W in BW Pro using yellow filter setting
with minor changes in levels.

I particularly like the second in B&W.  The water was blue enough in
the original to darken nicely using the yellow filter.  There wasn't
sufficient color in the first to do much with.

Comments welcome as always.
--
Regards,

Dick