Subject: [Leica] RE: Monitor brightness issues
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Sat Sep 9 20:57:11 2006

Leo wrote:
"Oliver,
I notice that your image
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OBRYK/LUG/06SaasFee16.jpg.html
doesn't have a color profile associated with it.  My guess would be
that you are looking  at a profiled image on your monitor and however
you  are saving your jpgs is stripping off your profile in not a
happy way.
Leo"

Leo, thank you for this feedback. I checked the TIFs from which I made the
JPGs, and the JPGs that I uploaded to the gallery; all have the sRGB
profile. I don't know whether the gallery displays profile information for
images that did not originate in a digital camera.
Kind regards, Oliver