Subject: [Leica] Which camera for your pocket?
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri Sep 8 22:59:31 2006

Nice pics, Phil, especially the doggie one, but where is the EXIF data ;-)

I too have owned various pocket cameras over the years: Rollei 35,
Olympus XA, Mju2 (Stylus Epic in the US), Leica Minilux, Ricoh GR1 and
now GRD.

There were good and bad points about all of them. The Rollei 35 was nice
but it was a bit fiddly in use, and of course you have to guess the
distance. The XA was cute but the rangefinder was not very satisfactory.
The Mju2 was excellent, and an added plus is that it is weather
resistant. The Leica Minilux was on the large side, and more importantly
had terrible ergonomics. Finally, I settled on the little Ricohs--the
GR1 was great; it ended its life by flying out of my pocket on a
rollercoaster in 2003; the GRD I have now is just as good except that it
takes SD cards instead of film.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman