Subject: [Leica] Steamtown additions now 4x5
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Sep 8 07:34:49 2006

Craig,

Below is a link to some on-line images that were taken on 4x5 (Speed
Graphic). I first saw some photos from this essay in a NG Mag several
weeks back. They were visually and technically unique. Almost looked
like someone got creative with Gaussian blur in PS. Given it was NG, I
doubted that but you never know. Heck, for years NG was 35mm only. I
didn't find out it was 4x5 until I went to the link below.

http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0608/feature1/gallery1.html

I have a Toyo 45A field camera. I wish I had something with a
rangefinder, like a Graphic or a Linhof. I passed on a nice used Linhof,
complete with a set of cammed lenses, a year or so ago. At the time I
was mistakenly under the impression that film was a dead end. Boy do I
regret not buying that.

There really are things you can do with film that you can't duplicate
with digital capture.

daveR

>>>Craig wrote:>

I started searching for a 4 x 5 camera last night.  I'm
tempted to buy an old press camera...<<<

Replies: Reply from crgrbrts at verizon.net (Craig Roberts) ([Leica] Steamtown additions now 4x5)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Steamtown additions now 4x5)