Subject: [Leica] New Leica 28mm 2.8 ASPH lens
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Sep 6 19:36:46 2006

B. D. Colen said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica 28mm 2.8 ASPH lens

> Longer lenses on Ms? Never, ever, in my most deluded moment thought or
>  >said that.:-) I see the M as a 21-50 camera, with the option in
> desperation of
> using a  90.<<<

Hi B.D.,
Me too! I've almost stopped using the 90 because I felt I never got the
pictrue I wanted that I seemed to always be successful when using an 80mm or
90 on the R camera's.

A book project back in the 70's required I do a fair amount of shooting in
board room meetings and the only way I could get trhe reach was to use a
longer lens. :-( But to maintain my "silence" of the M I couldn't use the R
camera's. So I bought the 135mm for the M, used it and as soon as the shoot
was over I sold the lens for next to nothing just to get rid of it.

I hated every minute I had it on camera and in hand even though it cut
beautiful negatives. It's totally not what using an M camera is about!
Quick, silent and basically unobtrusive, certainly if one is quick in using
it.

I'd say the bulk of shooting with a long M lens is the Noctilux 50mm. :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] New Leica 28mm 2.8 ASPH lens)
Reply from datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff) ([Leica] New Leica 28mm 2.8 ASPH lens)