Subject: [Leica] Which camera for your pocket?
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed Sep 6 08:50:29 2006

Daniel Ridings wrote:
>An Elmar that is focused spot on will probably out perform the Rollei
>35's Sonnar that has been focused by approximation.

That has been my experience too.  In low light and close up, I would rather
shoot with an Elmar with a RF than a Sonnar without.  It's not a question of
which is the better lens.  Also, I bet the latest 50/2.8 Elmar would give
the Sonnar a run for its money.

Speaking of camera shake (from another post), I've had problems with only 2
cameras -- the Rollei 35SE and the Oly XA2 (not the XA).  I solved the first
problem by changing how I held the camera, and the second when I realized
that the addition of the A11 flash provided extra stability (at the expense
of size and weight).  For some reason, I've never had a problem with the
XA.  The shutter release on that one is very predictable compared to the XA2
(at least on mine).

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE