Subject: [Leica] Which camera would you always carry on yourpocket? Yashica t4 or canon s80
From: tlianza at comcast.net (tom lianza)
Date: Tue Sep 5 19:51:26 2006

The Yashica T4 would be my choice for a film camera.  I carry a Canon
s80 for a digital camera.  Both cameras offer a 28mm equivalent for wide
angle use.  The Yashica has been indestructible.   The Canon has a great
water proof case option which really expands it's utility in the real
world.  Just jump into the ocean or a pool. Of course, that combo is
about 4 times the cost of the T4.

The T4 is a great "in your pocket" camera and it has a good zoom lens.
The Canon has probably the worst user interface of any camera that I've
used and it suffers from all the issues of a small 8 mega pixel sensor,
but if your pocket takes you under water, this is the camera to have
near by.  When in the case, it can't fit in you pocket, so I still take
the T4 on trips loaded with UC100 or UC 400 film.  It's a great
machine.  By the way, I've taken a single roll of UC 400 in this camera
through 20 round trips through the air port X ray, with no ill effects.

Regards,
Tom Lianza.