Subject: [Leica] Re: Garble
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue Sep 5 08:29:02 2006

On Sep 5, 2006, at 4:41 AM, Larry Z wrote:

> ???uis,
>
> ???arry the ???ollei 35 ??????. ???he f2.8 40 mm ???onnar lens is
> better than the 50 mm ???lmar.
>
> ???arry ???

I changed the default type face in Mail using Mac OS 10.4 and the
above garble is what got sent. Sorry about that.

What I intended to say is that the Rollei 35 SE is my choice for a
pocket camera. It is heresy, perhaps, but the F2.8 Sonnar lens is
better than the Leica f2.8 Elmar. The downside is that the Rollei is
a guess focus, manual everything camera. You have to know what you
are doing to use it properly. Of course that should be no trouble for
anyone on the LUG. But if your pocket is bigger than a shirt pocket,
you could carry a Leica IIIc or IIIf with a collapsible lens, Elmar,
Summitar, or early Summicron. The price of a user Leica IIIc or IIIf
should be about the same as a Rollei SE. User Leica prices plummet as
the vulcanite flakes off.

Larry Z