Subject: [Leica] Some days...
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Sep 5 08:23:02 2006

Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Scott McLoughlin said obviously without experince;

>> I think this is GREAT subject matter. Fantastic world of
>> possibilities.  Horses are so  beautiful, and people falling on
>> their asses are so dramatic. Really!  It's so macho. It feels
>> so American, but also so very remote at the same time.<<<<

> However, when these horses come out of the chute they can be as mean
assed
> as one could ever imagine and a photographer standing there with a wide
> angle lens for something dramatic and spectacular is more than likely
going
> to be the "subject of all the other photgraphers" as he's ass over tea
> kettle with the horse stomping him into the ground. :-)

Ted your detailed description of the photographer's peril in this situation
suggests personal experience.

BTW ever wonder why those horses are so mean-assed and wild?  Check the
pictures - see the strap just ahead of the horse's hind legs?  Guess what
that strap has a death grip on.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com