Subject: [Leica] Leica History Question
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:53:56 2006

Scott M. wrote:
>Eggleston? I don't know how to characterize his work, But
>he got the very first MOMA show of color photography in
>the museum's history, so I throw him into the fine art camp.

When your prints sell for five figures there is no other camp (smile).  I
was lucky enough to attend the opening of that MOMA show in 1976.  There was
a publicity photographer working the crowd.  Recently, when I watched the
DVD "Wm. Eggleston in the Real World" I was astonished to see a picture of
myself in a group of stills from the show.  My 15 seconds of fame.  Well,
more like 3 seconds, but at least my daughter was impressed. ;-)

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Leica History Question)