Subject: [Leica] Fire juggler/ NOW: Cell phone digi cameras
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Sep 2 08:30:23 2006

Didier Ludwig offered:
> Sent: Saturday, 2 September 2006 08:41
> To: Leica Users Group
> Subject: [Leica] Fire juggler
> > I have to get used to the fact that digital pictures can be posted
> at the LUG a few minutes after coming home from shooting:
> http://tinyurl.com/m28yq<<<<

Hoppy responded:
Subject: RE: [Leica] Fire juggler
> And enjoyed across the world a few moments later.
> Pretty cool.<<<

Gentlemen as some of you are aware, there are wire service photographer's
who use a back pack transmitter attached to their digital cameras that as
soon as they trip the shutter a photo editor a zillion miles away has the
photo on screen as it's taken.

Then given what he sees on screen he can direct the photographer to
immediately shoot more or to move to the left or right for "what might
produce a better angle" without being there.

Now sometime down the line we'll all be able to use this technology if one
is so inclined. You wont have to send post cards from holiday spots because
you'll be able to phone and say... "Wish you were here!" And the person
looking at their screen will see it just as fast as you trip the shutter.

OF course I suppose one can do this today with a camera cell phone. Oh well
it's a fast lane world out there these days so becareful where you point yer
cell phone digi camera! ;-) You never know who might be looking on the other
end.;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Fire juggler/ NOW: Cell phone digi cameras)