Subject: [Leica] issues with signing up for the new Gallery
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat Sep 2 08:03:30 2006

When you sign up for a login on the new Gallery, it sends you an email
saying "do you really want this?" and doesn't create your login until you
reply to that email.

The mail was being sent from webmaster@gallery2.leica-users.org and had as
its subject "Activate your Gallery login". I think that was causing it to
get stopped by a lot of spam filters, in particular GMail and mac.com.

The following people signed up but seem not to have gotten that email:

Andrew Churak, Jim Bielecki, John Sikes, Michael Russ, Ruben Osuna, Roy
Feldman, and Luc Stockman.

So I activated your logins for you, as if you had responded to the mail.
Also I've changed the messages so that they come from me, and not from
webmaster, and the subject does not contain the words "account" or
"activate", which seem to be spam-filter bait.

Brian Reid
LUG Saloon keeper