Subject: [Leica] Harvard tuition
From: crgrbrts at verizon.net (Craig Roberts)
Date: Thu Aug 31 08:34:58 2006

David C. Mason wrote:

> "... I used to work with a guy who took *every* opportunity to mention
> he was a "Harvard Grad" ..."

Yup.  The mother of one of my college housemates routinely introduced
her apparently non-verbal husband as "...and this is Dr. Gerald Horton,
Harvard Class of  '42."

A few years ago I became acquainted with a former -- and quite elderly
-- Lawrence, Massachusetts city council member who must have been one of
the Harvard Coop's favorite customers.  He passed out a Harvard souvenir
ink pen to everyone he met, extracting it with a flourish from the top
pocket of his Harvard crest-emblazoned blazer.  He wore this same jacket
all day, every day.

As Bugs Bunny -- and our friend Mr. Mason -- said:  "What a maroon."
Indeed.

Craig
Washington, DC

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Harvard tuition)