Subject: [Leica] Epson RD1
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Aug 23 19:29:05 2006

Scott Gregory said:
> You mean to say you don't want to spend another $3500.00 Canadian to
> help the cause back in the Old Country!<<<

Scott,
Naw I've been supporting them very handsomely for 40 years and I kind of
thought maybe they'd like to support me by sending one of those M8's for
some serious use before I get to the last frame on the roll! ;-)

>> I've been watching the Leica Forum and it's interesting to see the
>> momentum building to Sept. 15 for the supposed announcement from Germany.
>> "The most important new product from Leica since the introduction of the
>> M3." And the salivating of people who are waiting with great anticipation
>> for this digital M.<<<

Oh I don't doubt the flock are waiting in great anticipation drooling all
over the place. That is until they see it? Or have one in hand when the
usual whining will begin as happens when any new Leica piece is
released....;-)

"it's too tall!
"it doesn't feel like an M!
"it's too big in my hands!
"it's not the right look of black!
"it's not the right chrome look!
"it's viewfinder is dim!
"it's viewfinder is cluttered!
"it's not what they said it would be!
"it's nothing like I expected!
"it's toooo expensive!
"it's red dot is too prominent!
"it's "whatever reason you can think of!" ;-)

But they'll all have reasons why they don't like it without ever having one
in their hands and shooting serious photography.:-) But that's a Leica user
in the fast lane of the new world digital order! :-)

I can hardly wait! :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from jsluss at hughes.net (John Sluss) ([Leica] Epson RD1)
Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] Epson RD1)