Subject: [Leica] Re: Wet Leicas
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon Aug 21 20:11:13 2006

On Aug 21, 2006, at 7:55 PM, Tina wrote:

>> Leicas continue to work fine after being dropped in a river ;-)  Just
>> open up the back and let them dry out by the fire.  They'll be fine.

Don't try this in salt water. If you should be forgetful and take
your Leica swimming in the ocean, rinse it in a couple of changes of
fresh water before drying out. I've been told that if a camera is
dunked in salt water it is probably best to immerse it in fresh water
and carry it dripping wet to a repair service. Fortunately I've never
had an opportunity to try this advice. I usually use a waterproof
Nikonos when I take boats smaller than the Staten Island ferry. And
when I finish taking pictures I use it to crack walnuts and drive nails.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from bonvini at optonline.net (Jay) ([Leica] Re: Wet Leicas)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Re: Wet Leicas)